Consider the last wedding you went to, what was the least memorable moment? That's right! You don't remember because it was so mundane and predictable... I'm talking about the first dance.
I'll admit that I didn't put 15 years of dance class to good use (sorry mom) for my own first dance and there aren't many things that I would say I'd do differently but first dance is one of them. I think there's only so much staring that your guests should be subjected to.
One of the greatest new trends to emerge has been a choreographed first dance. I'm not talking a waltz, either. I'm talking about a routine that really embodies the couple and can incorporate the entire wedding party.
Not quite sure what all these dance styles look like? A local dance studio not to be named but it rhymes with Ted Affair has a link that showcases 17 different ballroom styles from classics like the foxtrot to more upbeat rhythms like west coast swing.
On a budget but still want to wow your crowd? Might I suggest:
1. A little website called YouTube and search for wedding dance and you'll find some inspiration.
2. If you go as a group there's usually a discount.
3. Near a city gym or park? You'd be surprised at how many group dance lessons are offered.
4. Ask you bridal party! There's always some hidden talent or at least you guys will all go in it together!
Final Tips:
1. Don't be pressured into doing something you're uncomfortable with
2. Keep it classy. Remember there will be footage and documentation
3. Do it big, do it right, and do it with style. ~ Fred Astaire
No comments:
Post a Comment