
As I see all of the 80's styles slowly creeping back, I shudder at the thought of shoulder pads, fanny packs, body suites, stir-ups, teasing (hair that is), scrunchies, and so much more. The rest of the trends are thankfully repressed in a distant memory.
I would also like to add that the styles are coming back but looking a little more polished and modern. Some actually worth reliving while others, not so much. I just don't know how I feel about hair bows literally made out of hair.
Any event is going to have a photographer which means there will be evidence of your big day. So as trends come and go we need to remember to not get too caught up in the fad. Remember what your mom always asked you: "If you saw someone jump off (insert structure here), does that mean you're going to do it too?"
Look at any picture from a wedding that took place in the 80's and early 90's and after you peel back the layers of crinoline and overly starched Tulle and you'll see the real bride. I would imagine you'd also have peel back a few layers of eye shadow and blush. They were also real big on big hair and HUGE hair pieces. I mean there was no missing the bride when you saw what looked like an albino peacock on their head. It was all TOO much and the beauty of the bride and sometimes groom was lost in the excess.
By changing a popular saying I will say: What is popular is not always stylish and what is stylish is not always popular.
No comments:
Post a Comment