Planning an event? We want to inspire and enlighten the inner event planner in you! A blog dedicated to all things planning. We're always looking for any excuse to celebrate.

3.25.2010

My latest obsession and none of the guilt

I LOVE TO READ! Magazines, anyway. If I see and interesting article, I will read it. Guaranteed.

Why Magazines? I am a sucker for a great cover story and will flip through and read everything.

The last trip I took to Wal-Mart I was finally all done and ready to check out. Then, out of the corner of my eye I saw a magazine cover that just caught my attention. I told myself that I had already been in the store for an hour and needed to get back home. So I said I would simply look at the one article that got my attention in the first place. At that point I lost track of time and space. As I shamelessly look through the Florida Weddings magazine and take pictures of the interesting articles with my phone, I get a text message from my husband asking me if everything is ok.

I had actually been standing there for 15 minutes! Shopping cart full with a Bridal magazine in one hand and a cell phone (excuse me, an iphone) in the other just because I couldn't stand the thought of paying $6.99 for said magazine.

I like websites for information but there's something so fun about getting a fresh magazine full of fun and new things.My problem is, I just don't know what do with the magazines after I'm done with them. So then I feel guilty about all the paper that was used to produce the latest dust collector in my house.

Solution? I found it today and I couldn't be happier!


It's got FANTASTIC ideas. Downloadable templates. Step by step tutorials! The virtual magazine lets you "flip" through their latest edition. It's full of fun, new, and refreshing ideas that encourage do-it-yourselfers. Is that a word? youreselfers? let's just roll with it.

The first visit to the website and I was hooked. Now, I can bookmark the website, take only what I need and not feel guilty about killing trees, although I did use up a lot of electricity.





No comments:

Post a Comment