Having a small or limited budget doesn't give you the excuse to make your event look cheap and tacky. It's like with anything else, you get what you put in.If you don't have the money to put in, then you're going to have to put in some time.
I have recently rediscovered the art of origami in the attempt to make an event more environmentally friendly. What did we use? Old scraps of paper. The outcome? You be the judge
Then I hear about how creative I am and how there's no way they could ever do something like that. Really? Do you think that I created this flower with my own will power? I googled paper flowers and this is one that showed up. I followed VERY SIMPLE instructions and that's what I got. The emphasis on the simple because I have very little patience when it comes to origami.
I use other events and ideas to draw up some inspiration. Look all around you and there's bound to be some inspiration. If you're planning a wedding, look around your house or through pictures and you'll be inspired by the first date you ever went on or the first bouquet of flowers.
Also, be prepared to do a lot of work! The paper for the origami flowers may be free but they're not going to fold themselves. Since you have to do everything by hand this may also be a great time to get your bridesmaids together and have some bonding time. You'll be done in no time and you'll have unique touches to your event that everyone will be proud to show off on your big day!
No comments:
Post a Comment