Planning an event? We want to inspire and enlighten the inner event planner in you! A blog dedicated to all things planning. We're always looking for any excuse to celebrate.

3.21.2010

It's all in the details

While working on our recent project I realize that creativity is a gift and a burden. "A burden?" you say?

Yes, there's a lot of pressure. The more creative, thoughtful, unique and fascinating the things you create are the more pressure there is to perform. It can not be mediocre and heaven help me if I don't make it from scratch.

Latest example: Examine exhibit A (pictured above)

I said we would have coffee and perhaps tea at the end of our next bridal shower. Was I satisfied with the idea of just plain old sugar in a pretty container? No, not good enough, especially when we're making (can't tell you till the shower is over, there are some more surprises) all from scratch.

Thankfully sugar is inexpensive and molds readily available. A drop of water here, a splash of food coloring there, and voila! Pink heart shaped sugar cubes. We'll have people saying, "Would you like one heart or two?"

I am overjoyed in how they came out and think that I've officially raised the bar. I'm going to have to learn how to make sugar statues by next year.

More importantly, when you are trying to make you occasion memorable you have to consider the details. The more events you go to, they become a blur of invitations, flowers, dresses, favors, etc. but you guest will surely be delighted and remember things that are personalized and tailor made for the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment